Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ups and Downs...


Santa's little helper...


sweet hands...


Three amigos...Thomas, Garrett, and Riley tailgating before the Katy High School State football championship game


Daddy and Thomas at the game...Go Katy Tigers!



"so you think you can dance"... next winner!

So we have had some ups and downs over the past couple of days. This seems to be the trend lately. I am hoping the days of the downs are near over and we will have more ups. Thursday was pretty stressful for me for several reasons. I finally came to grips that I was going to have a baby in the hospital over Christmas. Also realizing that Christmas was so soon, I began to have feelings of regret for not doing more Christmas events etc... with Thomas and of course I hadn't done hardly any Christmas shopping. To sum it up, I was just fed up with everything. I am going to leave it at that.

But, God heard my cries for help when I had no words left to cry or how to even feel anymore. He new what I needed most. He gave me good news when Lily's oxygen was turned down to a quarter of a liter!! This is a huge step. She could go home on this amount if she had to. Her requirements were also low. While this was great, she began to not take her bottles again. We finally determined that she was having acid reflux issues so they started her on Zantac last night. What a huge difference it has made. Since her first dose she has taken all of her bottles!!! Yea. Today will be the first day she took 5 if she takes her last one of the day. She is continuing to grow, weighing 4lb. 8.7oz!!! She is so cute and cuddly. I am soooo ready to have her home so we can nap together whenever we want!

Thomas is doing well with his toddler bed. It still scares me a little in the morning when he shows up at my bedside. He is so sweet and in his barely awake voice he asks me "going to hopital mommy to see Lily?" What a great big brother he is going to be. He and Greg went to Katy High School's state football championship game at Reliant stadium today. He had a blast with his friends and watching the game. He told me over the phone that he loved football and he was going to deep snap. This of course was instigated from daddy!

Please continue to pray for Lily to do well with her bottles and oxygen requirements. I also want you to pray for her blood pressure. It is staying borderline high and they have tested her urine twice for potential kidney problems . The results were conflicting so not sure what are next step is. I want the tests to be negative but I also want an explanation. Thanks.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Oh, Holley ~ My heart aches for you! This time of year is naturally stressful... never enough time, spread thin, ... do NOT feel any guilt! Thomas knows he is loved and cared for ... that is all he remember from these days! and as for for your 'breakdown' ... we all have them, and most of us have never dealt with a baby in the hospital for months! you are normal!!! AND you are loved by many people around the United States... Just remember Christmas is about Christ ~ THE reason you are able to get up each day and face the trials... THE reason we have hope and THE reason we are able to rejoice in our sufferings, b/c He uses them to make us more like Himself... refining us...
Praying for you tonight~
Merry Christmas ~
jennifer