Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sweet Visit...


Mommy and her precious angel...


Taking her bottle like a big girl... I promised her a treat if she took it all!


DidiPop and Lily


Didi and Lily


Pretty pink gown...We barely got it on her, she is getting so big...



moving all around...

What can I say but thank you. Thank you all for praying for Lily and for me last night. God never ceases to amaze me with His goodness and faithfulness. He heard my prayers and answered. And not only did He answer a portion of them He really answered. Lily had an amazing day, amazing...She finished all four bottles like a champ today. She was much more awake and attentive than yesterday and her oxygen requirements were the lowest they have ever been! Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice. That song continued to play over and over again in my mind today because that is all I could think of each time I looked at Lily. God must be getting tired of my wavering faith by now. He has given me every reason in the world to trust Him ALWAYS and yet my human nature allows the smallest bit of fear to creep in and downward I go. Thank goodness He is merciful and forgives and nothing I do can ever separate me from His Love.

Lily had a wonderful visit with her Didi and DidiPop, (aka Greg's parents.) They were able to hold her for the first time and see the amazing transformation she has had from those first few weeks until now. I guess she was showing off for them today. Whatever it was, I will take it again and again. Not exactly sure what her weight is because the nurse wasn't at her bedside when I last called, but she did say she gained weight. Yea!

I have to tell you a funny Thomas phrase. So, Sunday night we painted Lily's room. I tried really hard to pick a light pink, because I have always dreamed of doing a precious girly room. However I am not a pale pink person and neither is Greg so we went back to the paint store and now Lily's room is a bright, bold watermelon pink. Yes, I know it sound hideous, but I really think it will look good with the bedding etc.. I will send pictures later. Back to Thomas, Monday when he woke up he did a double take when he passed Lily's room and went in and said, "mommy Lily's room is tomato pink." So, you know it must be bright if my two year old thinks the room is tomato pink. Too funny... I hope to redeem myself with this room when it is all finished.

Please continue to pray for Lily to have the strength to finish her bottles, that her oxygen requirements continue to decrease so she be weaned down to a half a liter, that she maintain her body temp so she can come to an open crib, and that I will always trust and believe no matter what the day holds. Thank you all so much. Where would we be without you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this blog made me think of a Bible verse about God knowing our hearts.
Jeremiah 17:10 (New International Version)"I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."
Even when you feel that your faith is wavering, God knows your heart and He knows you desire His will in your life and your family's lives. You are a strong person and I admire that. What a testimony Lily will be to everyone! God is good ALL THE TIME...
My prayers continue for your family and baby Lily.

Much love,
Marilyn Hawkins Watson
marilynw@mdacpa.com

Anonymous said...

Holley: My heart is bursting with praise to God. I am also thankful for our answered prayers. May He continue to bless Lily with strength to grow and overcome the obstacles before her and may He continue to give you and Greg strength and peace through this difficult time.
Prayers of Love, Jane

Anonymous said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow...

Unknown said...

I have caught up and read every word of your journey and get really excited to read new updates every(other)day (or so). I am praying for you guys and I am remembering working as a nurse at the very hospital you are in!
I can very much empathize with what you are saying here about the balance between faith and irresponsibility or faith and something else that feels like irresponsibility. I pray that fear and doubt do not take root in a way that undermines or corrupts the hope and the faith that you have. I also pray that fear and doubt do not take up more energy than what you have to give to Lily and to Thomas and to your husband.
Any of us may do any number of amazing things in this lifetime.... things that equate to business success or financial gain or even fame and fortune but no single thing will ever be as important as what we do in raising children. They are our everything. Having them, loving them, raising them is the most important thing that we will every do in this lifetime. Your Lily is beautiful! She is clearly a fighter! Your journey is not one that anyone would choose or that anyone would wish upon themselves or anyone else. but it is the journey you have with her, the journey you all have together. And, God is with you. And He loves Lily and you and Thomas and your husband so dearly and so perfectly.
We may never be able to understand why certain things happen. And, honestly I don't believe that everything happens "for a reason" or that you guys needed to be tested. But I do believe that He is with you and that He hears your cries for strength and mercy and patience and energy and faith. I believe that He has laid out a path for you guys... a path that reveals how to live in His way.... His way of love and compassion and faith! I believe that every moment of this journey will allow you to grow more and more intimately in love with your Creator, your children, your husband and all of creation. I pray that you feel this intimate growth and love more and more every day and that He sustains you as you continue on this journey!

Melissa Anderson-Hinn
mamamia415@gmail.com
www.whollyinspired.blogspot.com