Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Two New Beds for Two Big Kids...


Thomas in his new big boy bed...


Lily in her new bed...

Best picture ever!...


wide awake Lily...



Check out Lily's new crib...

Lily has had another great day. She completed all 4 bottles again and her oxygen requirements have been pretty low also. She is loving her new bed and staying nice and toasty so far. It was too precious and exciting to see her in there all by herself. It makes leaving her even harder. I told her doctor today that I was going to get a small portable oxygen tank and put Lily in my bag and make a run for it. As much as I want her home I want her to be completely ready before she does come home. Her blood pressure was better today. It still makes me a little nervous just waiting to see what happens with it, but I am trying to be patient and trust that it will work out just like everything else has. She is weighing in at 4lbs. 5.3oz.! Grow Lily grow!!!

Lily had a small reunion in her room today when her two primary nurses from Level 3 came to visit her and her new primary nurse as well as her doctor were all by her side admiring how big she has gotten. I wish I had taken a picture. All of these people mean so much to me and I will never forget them or how they have cared for my sweet Lily.

Thomas is as funny as ever these days. I was trying to remember some new phrases he has said lately that make me laugh. Yesterday when we were driving home he told me "don't crash the car mommy." "Keep it on the contrete."(meaning concrete) Not sure where that came from. I am being reminded to watch everything I say because he repeats it all! I was really frustrated with traffic today and said, "you have got to be kidding me, so then every time we stopped or slowed down Thomas said, "you kiddin me."

Thomas was also moved into his new toddler bed this week. It was really hard to decide when to do it. He loves his crib and has never tried to climb out. Luckily Greg just made the switch Monday night when I was still with Lily or I might never have agreed on a day. He looks so sweet in it and so grown up!

Please continue to pray for Lily's oxygen requirements to decrease, for her to complete her bottles, for her temp. to stay up, for her blood pressure to be good, and for her not to have any bradys (heart rate dropping below 70).

Thanks so much!! May God bless you all and meet all of your needs and may He continue to show His goodness and grace as Lily continues to beat the odds!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is all such exciting news! I know that is the best Christmas Present ever... having her move into her new open crib. You are all in our prayers and we hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Thomas is just adorable too... He looks like a little doll in that bed. So cute :)

Mis said...

oh how sweet!! does Thomas like his new bed?? we are so afraid to move Wes..he still likes his crib but we'll be needing it in a few months..but i just can't imagine him staying in a bed!! anyway--i love to see Lily in her crib..she's so cute! we will be praying for her oxygen and bottles and temp and we pray she gets to come home very soon!!!

Charlsie said...

It is so amazing to see Lily's progress! We are praying for a homecoming very soon.

We love you guys! Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the smiling picture!!!
Laurel

Anonymous said...

Love the good news!!Pray she keeps up the good work with the appetite and decrease O2 and steady BP. So awesome to see her in her BIG bed.

Love,
Robyn

L.A. said...

I LOVE that picture of her!
:-) L.A.