Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bath Time...


Mommy giving Lily a bath for the first time...I loved it!!!


All clean and dressed up...




I am at the hospital and couldn't wait to tell you about my wonderful evening with Lily tonight. I came to see her in time to nurse her for her 6pm feeding and gave her a bottle to finish up. She did really well with both. I then got to give her a bath for the first time! It was sooo much fun! It gave me such joy and happiness, I can't even describe it. I felt so motherly. She has been putting on quite a show. Lifting her head and figuring out how to pull the nasal cannula out of her nose. She was cracking me up, moving her head from side to side and pushing up with her feet. She did great with her bath, not crying at all and her oxygen requirements were as low as they could go during the whole bath. I was able to pick out her outfit and dress her too. I of course picked out a cute dress with a matching hat!! Tonight she weighed 4lb. 15.3oz.!!! So close to 5lbs.


Thank you all for praying specifically for her bottle feedings and blood pressure. While she did awesome taking her bottles for both Greg and I, her blood pressure continues to creep on up. I am trying really hard to not stress about this. As her doctor says Lily is not showing any other clinical signs that would correlate with a high BP, but as a mom I just want to know why and know that it is not causing any long term problems. Pray that we might get answers and that it would begin to decrease.


Today we had a sermon about what captivates you. Talking about what is true worship and why we worship God. But what stuck out to me was talking about what satisfies us or what we try to do to satisfy us. And the end result is that nothing we do can truly satisfy us other than our relationship with God. I realized that I am trying to get satisfied with Lily taking her bottles, with Lily progressing, that each day she has a good day, I think that I am satisfied. But in reality I keep going back to the same feelings, the same emptiness, fear, anxiety, because as wonderful as her progress is, it is only temporary and I can only truly be satisfied by God's amazing grace, hope, peace and joy. So, as Greg and I talked about how far Lily has come, we decided to look at her progression in a different light. To take each little achievement and be thankful and to remember what all God has done for her and for us, and pray believing without a doubt that He will complete this good work He started in Lily and that she will come home on His timing not mine.

Please continue to pray for her to do well with her bottle feedings, that her oxygen requirements would decrease, that her blood pressure would go down, and that we would take advantage of all opportunities to give God the glory for all He has done for us.



Lily's Fit...



pulling her nasal cannula out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a blessing to all who have the opportunity to read this...you may think the prayers and friendship and kindnesses shown to you all by so many are a one way street. Instead, it is so inspirational to us to see your strength, faith and your honesty in the difficult times. I can't imagine what you have been through for three months, and yet, as I read your blogs as someone not in the midst of it, I can count so many blessings and prayers answered with Lily's progress. What wonderful news about her eyes especially and the ROP. She has grown so much and it won't be long before she can come home with you which I know is your true hearts' desire. Our Robin is now at 21 weeks, and we talked at Christmas about how close she is to the point at which you delivered Lily and are awestruck at all you have all been through since. We learned that she and Tripp are having a boy, and pray for things to continue to go well with them as well. They and we are regularly checking your blog, and you are all in our prayers. Best wishes for a happy healthy 2009 full of wonder and surprises. Much love, Deb

Anonymous said...

This blog brings tears to my eyes. It is amazing to see how God is working in your, Greg's and Lily's lives. The spiritual maturity you both have is awesome!! Lily is doing so wonderfully and has progressed soooo much since she was born...I'm so amazed....thanks for keeping everyone posted on how you all are doing and Lily's growth. It is truly a blessing to see God's miracle working.

In His Love,
Marilyn Hawkins Watson