Monday, December 29, 2008

Lily's precious face...


Lily's hospital room


peek-a-boo


sleeping so well without any tubes...yea!




Wow, what a day we have had so far. Lily's doctor called me this morning on my way to the hospital to give me an update on her. I received amazing news when she told me that she was going to take her feeding tube out and try to feed her all 8 bottles today. She then told me that Lily was pulling her oxygen off on her own and doing well without it so we could take her off of oxygen and see how she does. I was shocked and literally speechless. When I hung up I was so overwhelmed with God's presence and goodness that it took my breath away. The tears immediately began to fall and I could just hear God saying, "I told you so," "I told you that my timing was perfect."

I of course couldn't wait to get there. Seeing her precious face without any tubes filled me with such joy and happiness I could hardly contain myself. It was wonderful. She seemed so peaceful. She has done really well so far without the oxygen. It just amazes me that two days ago her oxygen seemed to be going up, and now she was even eating without it and doing wonderfully. Another answered prayer.

She did really well the first part of today eating, but her acid reflux has been really bad this evening and tonight. They were hopefully going to get her Zantac increased according to her weight gain and maybe start thickening her milk. Please pray that these simple things will help her immediately and that this won't slow her feeding process down. Tonight she weighed 4lb. 14.8oz. She was also seen today by a nephrologist (kidney doctor) to evaluate her blood pressure and any potential kidney involvement. She basically said they couldn't find anything clinically wrong and that they would not put her on blood pressure meds unless it continued to increase. They will be following her and probably repeat her renal ultrasound and recheck her urine. I was glad they looked into it and hopefully this will just be something she outgrows without any long term problems.

Thanks so much for your prayers. We are seeing them being answered so specifically. What a blessing. Please continue to pray for her feedings to go well, that her blood pressure decrease, that she be able to stay off of oxygen, and that she would continue to grow and develop as she should. Thanks so much. To God be the glory!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day!! You are all loved by the Waldbiesers!!!
Laurel

Elizabeth said...

Holley,
This is Elizabeth Beasley, Lofton's wife. Susan Hardaman told me about your blog over Christmas. I have been reading it daily and recapping your journey with Lily the past few months. I am so amazed by the strength you have, and also so happy to see Lily's continued progress. Please know that you, Greg, Lily, and Thomas are in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

That's my Tiger Lily!!!! Keep doing what you are doing and you will soon be home with your big brother!!! Nana and I and hundreds of our friends and extended family pray daily for you and your Mom and Dad and Thomas.

Love you soooo much!!!!!

Pop (in Hoover, AL)