Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Check out Lily's new duds


silly monkey...


my sweet Thomas...what's with the hoody?


all stretched out...

check out my double chin...


pretty in pink


11-28-08

We have had so much fun dressing Lily in her sweet clothes. By we, I mean her nurses and myself. Her night nurses have said they love picking out a cute outfit and matching it with her blankets. I love it too! She has had a good couple of days. Today was the first day she hasn't gained weight in a week. She remains 3lb. 9oz. She is now allowed to bottle and/or breast feed twice a day. I was able to do both with her today and it was so much fun except for when she choked drinking her bottle. ( I didn't like that part too much) She recovered well and her nurse of course was as calm as can be. It is so much fun to hold her now normally. I LOVE it!!! It makes it sooo hard to have to put her back in her bed. Each time I tell them I might put her in my bag and run out the door...But she is making such good progress, I know it won't be long before I can hold her as long as I want at home!

Thomas continues to make me laugh and loose my patience all in a matter of moments. It is so funny the things he says and remembers from day to day. The other morning he was wining about what he wanted to eat for breakfast etc... I told him don't cry about it. Today when he was getting ready to eat, he told me "don't cry about it mommy." He just seems to say the right thing when I need a good laugh. The pictures of him are from tonight. When I walked inside he was sitting at the table eating with his hood on and it stayed on until he took a shower. When you want him to wear a hat outside he won't, but when it is 75 degrees inside with no wind, he won't take it off. Go figure...

We would ask that you continue to pray for Lily to wean off of oxygen, continue to take her bottles well and be able to take more each day, and that she will stop having apnea spells so she will be able to come off of the caffeine. Thanks so much. I pray you all are doing well and having a good week.

2 comments:

L.A. said...

I love getting my "daily dose of Dickinson" Thank you for being so consistent with updating. It makes me so happy that you are able to dress up and hold your sweet baby girl and that you are even able to nurse her some! That is wonderful. Love you and continue to pray for your precious family!
:-) L.A.

Anonymous said...

i check it almost daily :)
this is a wonderful update! love all the cute clothes and these pics really show lily up close! she is a DOLL! your thomas stories crack me up! he is hilarious! love the hoodie pics of him! hang in there and keep focused! love and miss y'all
jenn krutz and fam