Monday, December 22, 2008

HAPPY THREE MONTH BIRTHDAY LILY...


Tummy time...


Peek-a-boo...

HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY LILY!!!!

Lily did better today taking her bottles. After a slow start she is finishing strong completing the past 3 bottles. Go Lily. Her OT (Occupational therapist) came to feed her today to evaluate her and thought she was doing better than last week. Lily always seems to good the few days after her therapist has been with her, so I said she needed to come visit Lily more often! I appreciate the OT coming to help her today because I know how busy she is with the holiday schedule etc... I also have to give kudos to Lily's current doctor. She has been so great to work with and so compassionate towards all of us. I requested that the OT come see Lily and she made it happen. She also has been patient with me and my impatience with wanting Lily to super succeed all the time and my need to always want an answer for Lily's current condition etc. Because Lily's blood pressure is and has been elevated, she ordered a renal ultrasound to check Lily's kidneys. I kind of pushed for this but her doctor was very understanding and didn't make me have to ask twice or feel bad for asking. Thanks Dr. Wong!!!

Lily is 4lb 9.7oz!! She is doing well with her oxygen, staying anywhere between 21-30% on a quarter of a liter. She is doing well keeping her temperature up as well. For all of this we are so thankful. Please pray that her blood pressure get better, that the ultrasound will go well, and that she continue to do well with her bottle feeding.

I appreciate all of your words of encouragement to me and your prayers. I am definitely having a much more difficult time right now than I have had. While I am so thankful to be where we are and so blessed by Lily every day, it doesn't take away the fact that we have a baby in the hospital. Please pray that we find ways to rejoice while we wait patiently for Lily to be well enough for us to bring her home. May God bless you all during these next few days while we get ready to celebrate our Savior's birth.

1 comment:

Margaret Anne Evans said...

HI there,
I am Robie Drew's friend, Margaret Anne, and i have been keeping up with Lily, as she is near and dear to my heart, since my now 9-yr old, was born 3 1/2 months premature She weighed 1 lb. 1 oz. and came home after 4 months and 1 day, at 4 lbs. 10 oz.

I totally understand your ups and downs as it is truly a rollercoaster ride.
I am keeping LIly in my prayers daily.
God bless you all. She is certainly a true miracle baby.

Margaret Anne Evans