Friday, January 2, 2009

Sleepover...Pictures to come soon...

Tonight Lily and I are having a spend the night party. I spent the day trying to get things for her room ready so tonight I am staying with her in the hospital. I am having so much fun, getting to bath and dress Lily, and do most of her care. She has made a strong come back after Tuesday's set back. She has been taking her bottles since Wed. afternoon like a very big girl! We are so proud of her and so excited that she is doing so well. She is now 5lbs. 2oz!!!! Yes, can you believe it our tiny baby is now so big! What a miracle she is. It is amazing to look back at where she started compared to now and see just how big and good our God is in healing her. Soooo many prayers have been answered. Thanks to all of you for continuing to pray so diligently for her and her specific needs. He hears without a doubt!

Lily remains off oxygen and it brings me such joy to see her sweet face without anything on it!!! Her feeding tube was taken out today and with her increased Zantac dose she seems to be feeling much better with her acid reflux. We just pray it continues to help her and that we don't have any more setbacks with it.

Thomas is as funny as ever. He constantly repeats everything he has heard. So we really have to watch what we say! :-) He has officially become a back seat driver. He always says now, "watch out cars," "move cars," "these cars are kidden me" and now he tells me which direction he wants to go. My favorite phrase this week was when he told me his eyes were raining! (His eyes were watering) On Sunday right when we were pulling into the church parking lot, it began to thunder and rain, and I said "oh no it is raining" and Thomas said, "no problem, we have umbrella." Such a problem solver already!!

We hope you all have a wonderful 2009! We can only hope and pray that this year will bring us our little girl home and that we can begin a new journey as a family. I can hardly wait to have both of my children together, but even more than that, I can't wait to see what God has in store for His precious miracle baby.

Please continue to pray that Lily will take her bottles well, that her acid reflux will be controlled by the Zantac, that her blood pressure will decrease, that she will continue to do well off of the oxygen, and that her upcoming MRI of the brain will be normal. Thanks so much

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog with tears streaming down my face. God is sooo-good!! I know he has great things planned for Miss Lily, and with Christian parents like you and Greg to guide her, the sky is the limit. Love and prayers, Jane

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Lily and all...
Wow, over 5 lbs... So much to be thankful for... Hope y'all have a wonderful 'Bunkin Party' (that's what they are called in Arkansas)... and we pray Lily is able to come home and sleep in her very own room REAL soon!
Praise God ~
(MY eyes are raining right now too... from your wonderful entry)
Love you all
the krutz fam