Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cute feet...


Thomas and Mommy time at Chick-fil-A

Peek a boo

Precious socked feet...Thanks Mimi for the cute socks!

We are beginning the count down to when we can take Lily home. We are hoping it will be sometime next week. Lily needs to continue to eat well and gain weight and they have to get her blood pressure medicine worked out. Her blood pressure was high again today, but we are hoping that it will just take a little bit to start working. There are so many things that have to be done before she can go home. I would ask that you pray that it all goes well and quickly and that there is no wasted time. I don't have the patience left for that. Lily will have her MRI of the brain early Friday morning so please continue to pray that this goes well and that we get normal results. Greg and I will be able to go with her and watch it all take place. She is weighing 5lb. 8oz tonight. Such a big girl. She is trying to tell them she is ready to go!!

Thomas gets really excited when we tell him that Lily is coming home soon. His excitement may die down when he realizes what is about to happen!! He is at such a funny and trying age. I have to tell you a few funny phrases he has said lately so bare with me. Sunday night we had dinner with some friends from church. They have a little boy who just turned 2 and the dad was helping them down the stairs. He told his son to show Thomas how to go down the stairs. Thomas responded with"I'm too old for this." Where he learned that, who knows. My other favorite this week was when I asked him if he needed to go potty and he so casually says, "no, I'm good mom." Tonight I took him to chick-fil-a for dinner and broke down and got us a milk shake to share. On the way home he was drinking it and said "this is yummy mommy, I have to say thank you." And I said who are you going to thank, thinking he would say me since I gave it to him, but he said, "chick-fil-a." There are so many I can't even remember them all. I wish I had a tape recorder going all the time.

Tonight I would ask that you pray for Lily to do well with her bottles. She started showing signs again of her reflux acting up, so I of course am trying not to worry about it. Also please pray for her blood pressure to go down. Thanks for your prayers for my friend's baby. So far he is doing well off of the ventilator, praise God! Have a good night and we hope to continue to give you good news!

No comments: