Friday, January 9, 2009

Running out of patience...


Daddy trying to get Lily to eat...


Left side-lying as they call it...the position we have to put Lily in to eat.


Lily had her long awaited MRI of the brain this morning. Greg and I were both there to go with her. We were able to sit and watch her on a video monitor. I don't think either one of us were truly prepared for it. She did great, but seeing your infant baby in a huge MRI machine was very difficult to watch. There were moments that it took everything in me to not lose it emotionally. Needless to say, I am glad it is over. Thanks to all of you for praying for this today and for your calls, emails, and texts throughout the day. We hope to hear some news Tuesday or Wednesday.

Lily's acid reflux is acting up really badly again. It is horrible to try to feed her. She has barely been eating her minimum requirement. Her doctor changed her medicine to Prevacid today so we are praying that this helps immediately. This has been so stressful for me. I feel like I am torturing her to eat but at the same moment I want her to eat so we can get the heck out of there. I have really struggled with anxiety this week. I keep trying to remind myself that we have been here before and that God has been faithful to bring us through it. We are sooooo close to going home that the thought of it being pushed back even more, is unbearable. However, as tired as I am, with very little patience or understanding, I am going to trust in our Lord knowing and believing that He has Lily in His hands and that once again His timing is not mine.

Please pray that her reflux will get better. That she will be able to eat well and that her blood pressure meds will start working and lower her blood pressure. I also ask that you pray for us to have patience, trusting, and that we will yet again learn how to praise Him through this small storm. Thanks so much for all you do for us!!

1 comment:

Walsh Zoo said...

Hey guys! Thinking of you....Prevacid was the only medicine that worked for Sam!