Monday, January 12, 2009

quick update...

First, let me say thank you to all of you have sent us comments letting us know you were praying and for your encouraging words. It helps so much to be reassured each day that there are indeed so many people praying for Lily. I am amazed at how many people we don't even know that are following Lily's progress and praying consistently for her. For all of you, I am especially grateful because you truly exemplify God's love and are living out His commandment to love your neighbor as your self.

So, today we have received some encouraging news. Because Lily always does better when she breast feeds, they are letting her strictly breast feed while I am here and letting her choose her own schedule instead of forcing her to eat at a certain time. So far she has done really well and doesn't seem to be in any pain when she nurses. She is also about to go for a upper GI series in radiology. This test will possibly show how the stomach is emptying or any blockage/structural problems. Please pray this goes well and helps us have a better idea of what is going on. Lily is also going to start a new medicine after the test called Reglan. This will help her empty her stomach quicker so that the food doesn't come back up as easy. There are some side effects from this med, so please pray that we don't experience those and that it helps her. We are still on a goal to get her out this week. Please continue to pray that this happens. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! More news to come later!!!!

2 comments:

Neely said...

I just wanted to let you know that your sweet Lily and your entire family are in my prayers. Keep your amazing Faith. God bless.

Neely

The Ryan's said...

Hi,
My name is Kristen and I heard about your blog on a mom's board and just had to tell you that you are such an amazingly strong person. I don't know that I could be that strong in your position. I suppose I would have to be but WOW! Lily (and your little boy) are SO LUCKY to have such a strong mommy! You and your family will be in my prayers and I hope that Lily gets stronger everyday and that she gets to come home soon.