Monday, November 10, 2008

Thank You...


holding mommy's finger


check out the chubby cheek


holding on to her paci


sucking on paci

wide awake

Let me start by saying you better be ready for what you ask the Lord for when you ask it. Last week Greg and I had said to each other that we hoped Lily would be able to start weaning down on the CPAP by this coming Friday because that is when the attending doctors change. We have loved the one she has now and agree with her philosophy on CPAP and keeping the vent tube out. So, we said lets pray for it. Well she is now on CPAP of 5!!! This is the lowest setting she will be on!! And it is a week earlier than we had asked for her to be at CPAP of 7. Granted the weaning process went a little faster than her attending doctor would have done because the weekend doctor made the changes, but I am just so thankful and in awe that Lily was even able to tolerate it.

So, I want to thank all of you for praying for our precious baby girl so diligently and without ceasing. Thank you for having faith and believing that when you pray He will answer. Because He has answered time and time again. I have been blown away by the generosity and graciousness we have received. I have been overwhelmed with all that has been given to us without hesitation and from some people we hardly know and some we have never met.You all have truly shown me what it means to be a servant of Christ. It makes me look at myself and wonder would I have been as generous as some of you. So thank you. Thank you for teaching me and exemplifying Christ's commandment to love and serve one another. I can only hope and pray that I can one day not only repay the favors but that I will have the opportunity to serve you all as well.

Now for the update. Lily's feedings were increased to 23cc every 3 hours. 3occ is equal to an ounce, so we are almost there. Her blood counts were good today so no blood for her, yea. They have also stopped the added sodium, which is a good sign. We have been told that the opthamologist is coming next Tuesday. Keep that exam in your prayers. Lily is now a whopping 2 lbs. 12 oz!!!! She has doubled her birth weight! She is beginning to look more and more like a normal newborn baby. She has found that she really likes her paci and it seems to soothe her also. You can continue to pray for her to do well on CPAP and that she will be able to stay at 5 and keep her O2 concentration down, for her to continue to grow and develop as she should, to remain infection free, and that her eyes will check out OK.

Thomas continues to be a trooper while also testing my patience. He cracks me up with the things he says and how he comprehends things. Tonight he stuck a mini cheeze it up his nose. This was a first for both of us. He thought it was funny until he couldn't get it out. He finally was able to blow hard enough for me to grab it, lovely. He is still as cute as ever and for the time being he loves his baby sis Lily.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."1 Peter 1:3-5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am sooo happy to read this update! Praise God! Amazing... I really look forward to meeting this strong baby girl one day... I wish we didn't live so far away! Abby and I were crackin' up at Thomas and the cheese!
still prayin...
jennifer and family