Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mixed feelings

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. This weekend just flew by without much time to do anything productive. I also don't have pictures because the computer was acting crazy, sorry.

So, Friday was a big day for us. I went to work for the first time in 3 months. It was really hard to do, but once I was there, I actually enjoyed it. It was a nice break, I guess, if I can say that without it sounding awful. It really helped my brain get back in gear. I felt like I was moving in slow motion for awhile until I got back in the swing of things, but it was great to see all of my wonderful coworkers who have been so supportive. It was also a big day for Lily, who was moved to a pod in Level 2. This is a step down from level 3 and means she is doing very well. I have had mixed feelings about this move. I know it is a step forward, but we loved her nurses in level 3 and felt very confident that she was always being cared for. Not that level 2 nurses won't be great as well, but there are more babies to nurses now. Anyway, you can pray that I can continue to trust that the Lord is still in control and that I will feel a peace knowing that Lily is still receiving the best care.

Lily is now 2lbs 15oz!!! Yea, she is almost 3lbs!! She is tolerating 26cc feedings and it won't be much longer until they will try to bottle/nurse feed her. She is still on nasal cannula oxygen at 1 liter. They hope to continue to be able to wean her off of this as she grows. Her second eye exam last week came back normal. Praise God. Thanks for praying for this. They will check again in 2 weeks. Her next big milestone will be to be able to hold her temperature on her own so that she can come out of her isolette. She has to gain more weight before this can happen.

Please continue to pray for her lung development, that she be able to wean off of the oxygen; that her eye exams will continue to be normal; that she continue to tolerate her feedings and gain weight accordingly and that she remain infection free. We thank God daily for all of you and how you are helping our precious baby overcome so much. May God bless you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have so much to be thankful for this week and especially thanks be to God for the miracle of Lily!! Happy Thanksgiving and I will continue to pray for her and her growth!

Love to all,
Marilyn Hawkins Watson

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God....
we will be including your family in our prayers of thanksgiving this year! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your updates are so encouraging and bring God the glory!
love to Thomas and Lily ~
the Krutz fam