Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Precious Face...


loving her paci now that cpap isn't in the way...


Sucking on fingers...checkout the sweet wrinkled head...


Precious Face off of Cpap...



Our precious baby girl without anything on her face, yea...

Yea, Lily was taken off of Cpap today and is now on nasal cannula oxygen. This happened much quicker than we expected but so far she is doing amazing!! She continues to tolerate her feedings and remains at 2lb. 11oz. We will begin to get a more accurate weight now that she doesn't have the extra tubings etc...

I can finally see her precious face!! Looking into her sweet eyes I was overwhelmed by God's goodness and faithfullness. She has done so well and overcome so much while bypassing so many complications that she so easily could have had. When this whole experience started I often found myself wondering why? Why did I deserve to have my pregnancy cut short, why did we deserve to have a premature baby? And even now I still have feelings of fear, guilt, and regret, but for the first real time today I thought what did we do to deserve all of God's blessings. What did we do to deserve for Lily to be doing so so well. But it is nothing I have done, nothing Greg has done. It is all because of Christ and His sacrifice for us. Because of that we can have a relationship with our heavenly father who hears our prayers and so faithfully answers.

When I was in the hospital before Lily was born I read a verse that really stuck with me. It said "I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9"1-2
I told Greg then that when God brought us through this difficult time I would tell of all His wonders of all He has carried us through and how He has dictated each day and all of Lily's progress. So that is what I hope to accomplish through this blog and in our daily lives. That above all God will be glorified. I know we still have a long road ahead and that He doesn't promise us that it will all be easy but I know that whatever comes our way we can get through it with Him and Him alone.

"For you O Lord, have made me glad by what you have done. I will sing for joy at the works of your hands." Psalm 92:4






6 comments:

susan said...

So good to see that BEAUTIFUL face!

Charlsie said...

Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful miracle!! I feel so honored to be witness to God's blessings. I believe that we all have a purpose and I know you and Greg will be able support other families in similar situations. Thank you for continuing to share your family with us. May God continue to bless Lily. I will continue to pray for her. Jane

Anonymous said...

You do not know me but I am a coworker/friend with Whitney Kerr. We talk about Lily daily and have been keeping up with her progress. It is amazing to see God's work in her life and yours. Thanks for allowing me to watch Him work in your life. Lily is a true testimony of His faithfulness, mercy and sovereignty. Praise the Lord for her birth. I would love to meet her one day and hold this precious mircle. Praying for you all. April

"Peace, perfect peace, with sorrows surging round? In Jesus presence naught but calm is found." Bickersteth

Anonymous said...

Oh Holley ~ my favorite blog update yet... To God be the Glory!
(what a precious face)
love you all very much!
jennifer and family

Andrea said...

It is so exciting to see Lily's precious little face! Jim and I are always thinking of you guys and we can't wait for Madeline and Lily to meet one day soon!