Saturday, November 8, 2008

Getting Bigger


Thomas loving his ice cream


Lily with her paci


Too bright...


Cuddling with her cozie



We have had a good week with Lily. She is getting stronger and doing much better on CPAP. We were very excited when they weaned her down to a CPAP of 7 on Friday. She started at 8 and needs to get down to 5 before they are able to take her off. Her Oxygen requirements are also decreasing which is always a good sign. She continues to tolerate her feedings well. She is taking 21ml every 3 hours and is now a chubby 2lbs 7oz.!!! Yea!! You can actually see a little fat on her legs and cheeks!!

I have enjoyed holding her so much this week. She is doing much better with it so I can relax a little more now. Each time I hold her it only increases my desires to cradle her in my arms. I can only imagine how amazing it will be when that day comes!!! Greg got to spend the whole day with her today while Thomas and I had a day together. We both enjoyed our day but can't wait to be together.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. While we had a different nurse every day this week on day shift, they were all very good. God has continued to show us that nothing is too small to pray about and that He hears all requests. You can continue to pray for her lungs to keep getting stronger and that she continue to be able to wean off of CPAP. We are also still waiting for the opthamologist to check her eyes, so we pray we will get more good news from her. We also pray that she continue to be infection free. Thanks so much.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting to keep hearing the good news. I am so glad to learn that she is putting on some good weight. Just checkin in. Give our love to sweet Lily.

Love,
Robyn and Brandy

The Ball Family said...

I hope you don't mind- I found you through Susan Moss's blog. I had a preemie 3 years ago. She was 2 pounds 2 ounces. She is now a happy, healthy 3 year old. God works miracles and I pray he does the same for you. Keep the faith!

Jenni Ball

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I am so glad you are getting good news. I will continue to pray for Lily everyday. WOW... the weight gain is incredible! What did you think about S.R.'s drawing?

Allison Kittrell