Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Painting Pumpkins'


"Sleeping sweetly"


"Thomas loves to make a mess"


"Shouting his favorite word at me, "NO""


"painting pumpkins for himself and Lily"

Yes, I am crazy and just trying to add more stress to my life!!! I have been promising Thomas we would paint pumpkins, so after driving all over Katy to find small pumpkins, (my neighbors have Christmas lights up and I am just now getting pumpkins!) we painted them. It actually was enjoyable. I was at least smart enough to get washable paint, so I didn't stress if the paint got everywhere and it did. But we had fun anyway.

Lily is hanging in there with the cpap. She seems to be adjusting better and breathing well. I still don't like it any better, but she is keeping her oxygen level up while on it so that makes me happy. I couldn't visit very long today because they had to do emergency surgery on another baby in her pod. Crazy that they can do all of that right there at the bedside!!!

Seeing the other baby's family struggling reminded me of how many people are going through the same experiences as we are. I would like to ask you all to not only pray for Lily but all the other babies in the NICU. We have definitely overcome obstacles and achieved milestones without much trouble, praise God for that, while some of the other babies aren't so lucky. It makes me even more thankful for how well Lily is doing.

There haven't really been any major changes. She is almost to 2 lbs.!!! You can continue to pray for her development, for her to do well on cpap, and to remain infection free. I hope to have some Halloween pics of her soon. If she is doing well enough tom. I am hoping to put her in her pumpkin tee!!! I am dying to dress her!!!

Thanks for all of your prayers, support, and encouraging comments. It all means more than you will ever know.

"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10

2 comments:

Mis said...

hey hol-
looks like you guys had fun painting pumpkins!! wes has just started his "terrible twos" and they really are terrible..i don't remember either of my others being this disobedient..it's so fun!! haha!! we are praying for you..hope you get to dress lily in her little pumpkin tee!!

Blocker Babies' Blog said...

I am a friend of Allison Kittrell's, and had the same due date as you, except with twins. We delivered last Tuesday morning, weighing 3 lbs and 3 lbs 4 oz. Both are in NICU in Jackson, MS. I have been keeping up with Lily, and just wanted to let you know that I think and pray for you often. It's not easy, but our Heavenly Father is amazing! I have already seen his hand over and over in my babies lives.
http://blockerbabies.blogspot.com/
Jessica Blocker