Monday, October 27, 2008

New Pictues


"Cowboy Thomas"

"CPAP with pacifier"


"wiggly worm"





As you can see, Cpap is not the most comfortable thing nor the best looking thing either. I can honestly say besides the fact that this is a huge step forward, I hate cpap. I hate the way it looks, I hate the way it probably feels to Lily, and I hate how labor intensive it is!!! With that said I am so thankful that she is to this point and strong enough to be on it, but I hope she is able to get off it sooner than later. The purple thing by her mouth is a pacifier. Believe it or not they make preemie ones. This one fits her mouth pretty well but the lovely cpap gets in the way, ugh...

We had a good day today. Lily's feedings were increased to 18cc every 3 hours. She is a whopping 1 lb. 15 oz. and 13 3/4 in. long. Yea, one more oz. and she will be 2 lb.s I never thought I would think that was big, but I am so excited to get to this point. She had to get an IV today to receive some blood to help give her a little boost, but she took it all very well. She is doing well on the cpap, it is just an ongoing effort to keep the prongs in the right position.

We appreciate all of your prayers for this and ask that you continue to pray for her to grow and develop and that she would be able to stay on the cpap and find the right position for the maximum effect. We continue to pray for her to remain infection free and that her exam with the opthamalogist will go well and result in a good report.

Thomas is continuing to bring much joy, laughter, and total exhaustion to our lives. He is always moving, talking and on the go. He has been testing my parental skills these past few days as I am now able to begin to care for him again on my own. I think he knows that I still can't pick him up, so he has been pushing the limits with everything. His new phrases to me are: " I not mommy" and " I not talking to you", gee do you think he is 2 1/2 years old? He knows that Lily is in the "hopital" as he calls it and that I go there each morning to visit. He has been the best medicine for my recovery.

3 comments:

Wanda S said...

Holley & Greg, I had to smile at the comment about Thomas testing your parental skills. Wow, if any parents have ever been tested, it would be the two of you right now! I remember one of your posts saying "He who began a good work...will be faithful to complete it," and I think about that every time I pray for Lily. God will be glorified in ALL of this, but I see His glory big time in how the two of you are handling the struggles you are experiencing with each new day. God is growing both of you and by extension, He is touching so many people that you don't even know. You can't believe how many people that I know who are asking about Lily every time I see them, they are reading your blog, and they are seeing your Christian witness with every post. I am SO proud of both of you. It is just an honor for me to be part of your extended family. Love you guys! And Lily, keep showing us what you're (fearfully and wonderfully)made of, girl!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Lucy Clay McGehee said...

Holley and Greg,

Andrea gave me the link to your blog and I have been reading and praying along side of you. As my little girl grows in my belly, I can look at Lily with such awe at God and how He takes care of His children. Lily is such a beautiful girl. It is hard to believe that my Mattie is the same "age." I look at Lily and see the picture of what Mattie looks like. Your strength and dedication to the Lord thru this is amazing. I pass your story on to others to share in God's glory. We wish y'all were able to bring Lily out to Colorado this year but I guess we will have to wait!

Mis said...

hey hol-
that is a great picture of thomas--he's so cute!! praying for you guys!! Love missy