Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update and Prayer Requests

Hi, I wanted to give you a quick update on Lily. I apologize that Greg is not writing as I know you all love reading his updates. I am definitely not the writer he is, so bare with me. :-)

We had another good day with Lily, getting to hold her for awhile today. She has been doing really well. They started feeding her again yesterday and have been able to continue feeding about every other time. They increased her feeding amount this afternoon a little so we will see how she does with it. I got to change her diaper yesterday and to my surprise she had her first dirty diaper. I never knew I could get so excited over a dirty diaper!! She had another one today which is a good sign.

She is having another head ultrasound tomorrow so we wanted to ask you all to pray that once again it is clear. The doctors said this is just a follow up. They don't think anything is wrong and she is not having any symptoms to make them believe she has a bleed.

She is trying really hard to open her eyes. Her right eye opened just a tiny bit, so we are hopeful that they will open soon. The doctors said this will all happen as she grows.

I am doing much better everyday. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your prayers, calls, emails, etc... I am truly overwhelmed with gratitude and thanksgiving. It was so hard to feel so bad when all I wanted to do was be with my little girl. But once again the Lord was faithful and heard our prayers and reminded me to rest in Him and in Him alone for healing. This is much easier said then done. It was so easy to give Lily over to Him, but as humans we think we can control our own lives. I know He doesn't give us anything we can't handle, but I did kind of ask for a break, as I don't think I am as strong as He thinks I am! :-)

We would ask that you specifically pray that Lily's head scan is clear, that she remains free of any infections, and that she tolerates her feedings well.

We couldn't have made it this far if it were not for all of your prayers, support, and the strength of our Father. I hope to soon be able to return your calls, emails, etc...Thanks again. Above all we pray that He is glorified through all of this and that lives will be changed for Him. We believe that He is in complete control and know that He will complete the good work He has started.

No comments: