Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Both eyes are open!!






Yes, you read correctly, both of Lily's eyes are now open!! It was so exciting to get to look into both of her beautiful blue eyes yesterday. Of course she would never let me get a good picture of both eyes opened wide, but hopefully I will get a good one soon.

I have had two good visits with her, getting to hold her for a long time. She is now up to 4cc of feedings every 3 hours and doing wonderful with them. She is currently weighing in at a whopping 1 lb. 12 oz and is 13.2 inches! Yea!

I would like to ask you all to please pray specifically that she be able to wean (turn down) her vent settings soon. They have tried the past several days and she hasn't been able to tolerate it well. She also has been battling some fluid on her lungs which makes it more difficult. She is getting another dose of Lasix tonight to help with that. We really want her to be able to go down on her rate soon as this is what the doctors would like to happen. We believe that God is still growing and developing her lungs and know that He will help her through this.

I will continue to keep you posted on her development and want to continue to thank all of you for your prayers and encouraging words. They help more than you will ever know. We pray for all of you each night when we pray for Lily asking God to bless you all and that He would meet all of your needs.

"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:7

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holley and Greg, so good to hear Lily has opened her eyes. We continue to pray for her, and both of you every day. Thomas looks precious in his AU gear...can't wait to see Lily next to him in her AU cheerleader outfit! Thanks for keeping everyone updated. You are in all our hearts and prayers...love, Deb and Skip

Anonymous said...

Holley and Greg --- Thank you for sharing your lives with us through your blog. Your love and faithfulness to the Lord is such an inspiration and testimony to me (and, the watching world)!!! Lily is so beautiful and I'm so thankful that she is making such great progress!!! ..........and, can't forget Thomas........what a cutie pie!!!
Love, thoughts & prayers,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I lift up my eyes to the hills...
Ps 121:1

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, ... Heb 12:2

Praise God for Lily's eyes... may her eyes always be fixed on Jesus...

Love you, Holley
jennifer