Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rough week!

Thomas being silly sitting in Lily's swing

Lily, checking out her muddy hands...


Lily took a face dive while playing outside...she was quite muddy but didn't seem to mind!
It was so nice to finally get outside yesterday! Can't wait for spring!

Lily, running, talking...


Well, where do I start...Lily has had a pretty rough week this past week. On Tuesday she fell down about 15 wood steps and ended up in the ER. Everything thankfully checked out OK and she appeared to be fine with no major bumps or bruises. It was definitely apparent that Lily's special angel was with her that day.

However her problems now are with her "reflux". I put it in quotes because we have no idea if this is what is causing the problems. She has definitely had reflux in the past especially when she was much younger. Over the past 5 months or so she has been having random episodes of projectile vomiting. Until recently, I could somewhat associate it with something or at least have a good guess as to what might have caused it. The car ride, too much at one meal, getting too upset, getting choked, etc... But this past week it has been even more vomiting then before and much more random. And when I say vomiting, i mean that she completely empties her entire stomach with force each and every time. It is not simply spitting up on a bib, or maybe changing an outfit, it is everything everywhere! We went to the pediatric gastroenterologist this past Thursday. He seems to think that it is mostly from her reflux but also ordered some xrays to make sure there isn't a physical problem, etc. As of right now those aren't scheduled until March 18th! Well after vomiting multiple consecutive times Thursday, very unlike her, and vomiting every day last week and this weekend. I've finally had enough. It seems to be effecting her appetite and definitely her weight, which is already much less for babies her age.

So, I am telling you all of this to ask you to pray for us. I am very anxious over what could be causing this and am so over hearing similar stories, advice, etc...so I need patience in that area.:-) Please pray that first the vomiting will decrease, her appetite and liquid amounts will increase, and that when I call the doctor tomorrow they will move her xrays up and do them this week. Also please pray for my anxiety level. I know deep down that God is in control and that He will fulfill His promise to heal her completely, but I can't shake the worried feelings I have or the need to fix the problems or be able to have an answer for them all. Greg is also traveling again this week, so I pray that we have a good event free week while he is away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates! We will continue to pray for Lily.

Allison K.

Jane Thompson said...

Love the continued pictures! We will be praying for you and Lily. Please say a little prayer for me as I have scans and blood worked scheduled for Wed. Miss you, Jane