Sunday, February 28, 2010

busy week...more prayers needed

I wanted to first thank you for your words of encouragement and prayers. I truly appreciate it and definitely felt them. I woke up Tuesday with much more energy and confidence than before. Lily has had a better week also. She only threw up 3 out of the 7 days this week which was a Huge improvement. So tomorrow is a big day for her. She is having an upper GI series and also an abdominal ultrasound at 9:45am. I am just praying for some clarity. If there is something wrong then we will face it and deal with it. If they find nothing, then we will have a peace of mind that at least that area is OK and we will move on to find another possible cause.

This is also a busy week for a lot of people as far as prayer requests go. I wanted to share them with you. Please pray for my mom who has had 2 back surgeries and is going back to the doctor tomorrow because she is still suffering with a lot of pain. Please pray for knowledge for the doctor and that she will get some answers.

Also, our former pastor from Cleveland, Ms, has prostate cancer and is having surgery Wednesday to remove it. He and His family are very special to us and provided us with much guidance and support. Please pray everything goes smoothly and that he is cancer free after the surgery.

On Tuesday, another friend from auburn's son is having major surgery. His name is Jackson steed. Please pray for everything to go perfectly and that he will recover quickly and be free of problems.

And finally my dear sweet friend Amy in Texas had a small heart attack this week. She is only 35! She has MS but they don't know/think they are related. She is home now and doing well. We are planning to go to Houston this Wednesday so we will get to see her. Please pray that she recovers fully and quickly.

Wow, that is a lot! But nothing is too big for our God. This week while so many things were going on and I was worried about Amy, the song from when I was little popped into my head. "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do for you, and you, and you..."How true it is! Thanks for being so faithful to pray for us! May He bless you for it! Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Holley. You are the best!!! Love you, MOM

Andrea said...

Holley - I will be thinking about you and Lily tomorrow. I will definitely pray that she will be so distracted tomorrow morning that she will not remember that it is time to eat! I am also praying that they figure out what is causing her to vomit so much.

Please keep me posted.

Andrea

Shelby and Darby said...

I pray that the doctors will be able to answer your questions today. I can't imagine how hard it is not to know. You are so strong and just know that your struggles are sooo normal. I know that when I was pregnant with Shelby it was so easy to let fears and doubt overtake me...BUT the good news is that God is always with us, never leaves us and that NOTHING is impossible with him!! I pray that he will heal Lily and allow her to be free from throwing up
Courtney