Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What's for dinner...


Before...


After...

So, last week I decided to cook dinner. Shocking, I know. Greg was home from a week of traveling so I thought I would make homemade cornbread, a southern living recipe for new potatoes, salad, and grill some fish. Greg walks into the kitchen from grilling the fish and immediately makes a face and said "what smells?" I of course was offended and said thanks a lot for that! Anyway, during the preparation/cooking I lost the key to unlock the cabinets. I was getting annoyed and blaming Thomas and Greg for taking it. When dinner was ready and I went to pull the cornbread out of the oven, I noticed a weird mushroom shape "thing" hanging from the rack. Greg quickly chimed in "that is what was smelling, not your cooking" trying to redeem himself. But we still didn't know what it was. So after dinner, I forgot all about the unidentified object in the oven and went on about the evening and into the weekend. Two days later, Greg went to warm some leftovers in the oven and quickly realized that we didn't clean the object, so he reluctantly went to wipe the object free and all of a sudden I heard him dying laughing. What he found was the burnt tot lock that I lost during our dinner preparation. I had put Thomas some chicken nuggets to cook and the key stuck to the bottom of the pan without me knowing it. So we got a burnt lock...as evidenced by the before and after picture!! Maybe I should stick to the simple dinners!! Just a glimpse into my crazy life these days...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have those same locks.. love them and never thought about it sticking to a metal pan. I will keep a look out for that... that really made me laugh.. having kids is so much fun but can make us all a little crazy!!

sara seeton said...

omg! i am dying laughing right now because we have the exact same locks and i did the exact same thing as you! one day i decided to cook (a shocking moment in our household, too!) and the lock stuck to the cookie sheet and melted everywhere...it smelled so horrible and it was a pain to clean out of the oven. moral of the story - keep the locks far, far away from the oven! LOL