Wednesday, April 22, 2009

7 months old...a.k.a. 3 months old!!!!







Yes, Lily is 7 months old today from her birthday but her corrected age is actually 3 months old. So hard to believe that she has already been with us 7 months! A week ago she weighed a little over 9lbs! Woohoo! What is so crazy is that I have had two friends give birth to babies already bigger than that! Oouch...is all I can think of. Looking at her I can't imagine giving birth to something that big! Lily seems so big to me but of course we still get the stares and the comments about the "little baby". If they only knew...

She has become a very happy, content baby. She often just swings or sits in her bouncer and just smiles at anyone who will stop and talk to her. She is always on the move, kicking like crazy and throwing her head around to see everything possible. I keep telling her that she is never going to gain weight if she keeps moving so much. She has turned into a fabulous sleeper at night...I know I shouldn't say that because tonight she might prove otherwise. But for almost two weeks now she has been sleeping through the night and wakes up so happy. A lot of mornings I have to wake her up to eat! Crazy...Thomas was never like that! Thomas has been very good with her for the most part. He likes to get right in her face and talk to her in his sweet little baby voice. He is now getting interested in trying to pick her up...yikes! He makes up songs and sings to her in the car and continues to call her a he! Too sweet.

Today I was reminded of how differently her early path of life could have been. I became overwhelmed with emotion wondering why? Why did God allow our baby to do so well and why my friend's baby is still struggling? I know I will never have a concrete answer so for now I will continue to praise Him and thank Him daily for being so faithful in healing our precious miracle baby. I know that I did nothing to deserve it but am so thankful we serve a gracious and merciful God. Each time I look at Lily I am also reminded of all of you and your faithful prayers and for that I will be forever thankful! I pray that whatever you may be going through that you will always know the hope and peace that comes from knowing and serving God. May God bless you all!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

All of these pics are precious, but that last one is the best!!! Wow... Your post is great... Praise God! I have been quite emotional lately myself (i guess preggo hormones <18 weeks now> and such) but you just made me boo hoo, dang it! snottin and all... God is good and I cannot wait to see His plans for Lily...
It sounds like you are getting more rest and Thomas has really adjusted well to being a big brother!
have a great week!