Monday, February 2, 2009

weekly update


Thomas finally got a new helmet to fit his huge noggin!! At only 2 1/2 he is wearing an age 5 helmet. Poor kid...such a big head. He hated being all geared up to ride his scooter. We told him he has to wear his helmet to ride, so now he just ops out and rides his plasma car. Too smart...



Saturday, I woke up in a Betty crocker mood and actually used the oven, griddle, and stove. Crazy... I know. I don't really cook, but since having Lily I really haven't. I know Greg was in shock for hours!! Thomas and I made sugar cookies. When I wasn't looking he pulled down the flour bag and it of course went everywhere including all over himself. His new favorite hobby seems to be pulling anything and everything off the counter tops that he can reach. Yea!


This picture cracks me up...Thomas has been waking up way too early since Lily has come home. So by the time he was ready for church and doing his breathing treatment, he was so tired he fell asleep! He later told me he was so tired because I got him up too early. I quickly corrected him and told him he was free to sleep as late as he wanted to in the morning!!!


Lily loves tummy time. This was how she stayed in the hospital for so long and now that she is home they tell you not to let her sleep on her tummy so whenever she gets the chance to enjoy her favorite position, she loves it!


First time in the baby bjorn! She actually really liked it as long as I was moving!


Lily's first time outside and in the baby bjorn! It was a warm 75 in Houston on Sunday so we enjoyed being outside as a family for the first time!!!


Thomas riding his scooter!

We are all adjusting well to having Lily home. Thank you to everyone who has called, emailed, sent texts to check on us. Feel free to call anytime. I know many people have told me they don't want to call in fear of waking us up etc... FYI I am not a napper. I never have been and probably never will be. I try to rest some, but I hate that drugged feeling you have when you wake up in the middle of the day and have to get yourself going again, ugh... So I am always at home and usually can talk, so call away! Would love to chat, especially since I am not getting out much!

Lily is doing better sleeping during the night. I finally learned the trick to getting her to sleep longer is to let her nurse and then give her a bottle right before bedtime. The last couple of nights she has gone 4-5 hours before waking. Those of you who know us, know that this is huge because Thomas was a terrible sleeper for over a year. I have been praying since getting pregnant that Lily would be much better!!! She sleeps in a cradle right by our bed. She sleeps so hard sometimes that I often get right in her face to see if she is still breathing. Hopefully I will get more comfortable as she gets bigger. We go to the opthamalogist this week for a follow up appt. Hopefully everything will be fine. Please pray for her eyes to be developing normally.

Thomas is doing really well with her. He likes to talk to her and hold her hand. He helps me sometimes by getting things I need. When she is crying he will say "I'm coming Willy" yes he often calls her Willy! Too funny. He will tell me what he thinks she needs or wants too. Very sweet.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Incredible Update! Wow, I just am smiling right now! Sounds like you are all doing very well...
"Willy, we love you"
Thomas is such a character!!!

Anonymous said...

Holley,
Thanks so much for taking time to share your family with us. I so look forward to your updates of your precious family. Know that I will continue to pray for "Willy" and all of you. Love, Jane