Sunday, September 5, 2010




First, thank you all so much for praying for Lily's appointment on Thursday. They were definitely felt. Overall it was a a great experience from the moment we got there until the moment we left. It was a really long day but Lily did great.


I really like the new GI doctor. I felt like he was thinking outside the "reflux box" which is all I wanted someone to do. He also is not an experimental medicine pusher which I also agree with and like. He had several different theories as to why she is vomiting so much but our next step is for Lily to have an endoscopy on September 15th to check for eosinophilic esophagitis. To find out more about it click here. I am not very good at explaining it.


Her appointment with the high risk developmental clinic went amazing. She saw a child psychologist who did several types of testing to see what developmental age Lily was currently at. It wasn't a big surprise that Lily passed with flying colors. Several times I was actually moved to tears watching her to see how God not only allowed her to survive her early arrival but how He has grown her and developed her in such a way that the ONLY explanation is that she IS a true miracle of His work. The doctor said she had never seen a child born as early as Lily and score as high as she scored. On all areas except for one she scored in the 95th or 98th percentile and was scoring at a 25 month old age instead of a 19 month old which is her corrected age right now. I say this not to brag about my smart child but to share His great work in her life! God is so good!


What a day...thanks for your prayers. We will definitely keep you posted after the endoscopy. Have a great Labor Day!


"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.

I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2


No comments: