Thursday, March 5, 2009

From then to Now...

Then...9-22-09 1lb. 6oz.

Now...3-4-09 8lbs


Today I was looking back at photos of Lily trying to find the right combination of pictures to use on her birth announcement, (yes I am just now doing that) and I came across some pictures of her when she was first born. I've seen these pictures a hundred times but today I was overwhelmed with emotion looking at them and comparing them to the precious baby that I am looking at now at home. I am so undeserving of this beautiful life that He has given me. And to this day I don't know why God was so merciful and gracious to us and our baby. Why we were so blessed for our baby to do so well and why so many other mothers are still facing major issues with their baby in the NICU and even at home. I know that it was nothing we did to deserve it. I am just so completely thankful for His mercy, His faithfulness, and His grace. For hearing and granting us our heart's desires to have a healthy baby girl. I am also so thankful for all of you who have been on this journey with us from day one, who have prayed for us so faithfully and who believed that Lily would get better and I have feelings of gratitude for all of you that I will never be able to express in this lifetime. We have been having a lot of sleepless nights, stressful evenings, etc.. with Lily lately but when I think back to how far she has come and how differently the outcome could have been, I am learning to be so thankful for those nights because it means that she is home with me. "Praise God from whom all blessings flow..."

So I want to again thank some very special people who have helped us in ways I will never be able to repay;
My amazing, strong, faithful, loving, husband who supported me in ways no one else could, and who is always my strength when I am weak; our parents, who flew out here countless times, sometimes with a moments notice to help with Thomas, the house, transportation when I couldn't drive, meals, groceries, cleaning etc... my sister Allison for coming to help when I was on bed rest, my sister Lauren for leaving her 3 kids to come help me at home when Greg was out of town, my sister Leslie for your support and prayers, my sister Shelby for taking days off from school to come help entertain Thomas several times, the Yntema's for all of your support, prayers and encouragement despite your own needs and challenges, all of our extended families, my angel of a friend Vickie who always seems to meet a need without me having to ask, for keeping Thomas so many night and days, my wonderful playgroup girls, for support, meals, snacks, my baby shower, helping with Thomas, etc..., all of Greg's coworkers for support and prayers, his understanding boss, my coworkers who picked up my workload without complaint and were always so eager to help and for giving me a great baby shower, the amazing medical staff at Children's Memorial Hermann, Texas Medical Center, Dr. Nawab for your compassion, skill, and wisdom while caring for Lily, Dr. Wong for getting Lily ready to come home, Dr. Jimenez for continuing to give her amazing care and love, to Jackie, Stephanie, and Chelsea, Lily's angels on earth who not only cared for her so extraordinarily but also kept me sain and comforted, I will never forget you and what you did for us, the Ronald McDonald house, all of our old friends, new friends, our old church, Covenant Presbyterian; our current church Christ the King Presbyterian, Robert Cook, Ruth Reitemier, Clay Holland, Phil and Carolyn Betti, Jesse and Shelly Buffington for all the meals and help, Shelley Tibbs, Jennifer Krutz, and Nikki Herbison for being so faithful to email/comment on the blog always on days when I seemed to need it the most, Anne for making Lily's room so special, Jana for helping with Samford, taking pictures, my delta girls for sending such sweet gifts for Lily, for my amazing high school friends for sending a box of goodies for Lily, Neal and Debbie Butler for all of your help, all of you who sent such sweet special gifts, and for all of you that I have never met but you prayed for Lily, sending her gifts, us notes, emails, calls...Thank you!!!!!! I hope that one day you all get to meet Lily in person and see first hand what a present day miracle of our Holy and good God looks like. Each of you contributed to her health and recovery and for that I am so grateful!

"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to Your name O Most High." Psalms 9:1-2

No comments: