Saturday, October 24, 2009

In Sorrow...and Praise

I just received news that my friend's baby who was in the NICU with Lily, the only mom that I kept in touch with, lost his battle yesterday and went to be with the Lord. Words can't even express what I am feeling right now. This news has completely disturbed me to my core. Bringing back so many emotions that we went through while being in the NICU. It is such a tough place to be. Little RJ passed just two days shy of his first birthday, never leaving the hospital or getting to see his precious nursery that his parents designed just for him. I am aching inside and out for his parents pain right now. And selfishly I can't keep from thinking that could have been us. We could have had an even longer and tougher battle than we did. I quickly regret deeply all the times that I have complained about Lily waking up during the night, and being frustrated with her eating and vomiting and every other trivial matter that we have dealt with. Why? Why was God so gracious to us and saved our miracle baby to completion and not hers. I know these are normal questions to be asking as humans, but I also know as a believer, I will never know these answers and that I should be thankful. And believe me, as I was holding Lily when I received the news, I just shook. I couldn't hardly look at her, fearing what it might feel like for those parents. Thankful doesn't even begin to express what I feel. I honestly can't even complete a thought right now...Please be in prayer for RJ's parents and family and for those doctors and nurses that cared for him. Pray that even in their sorrow, joy will come in the morning and through their great loss God will be glorified and they will find a way to Praise Him through this Storm...To God be the Glory.

3 comments:

Charlsie said...

Holley, I am praying for RJ's family.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for them too, Holley.
Allison K.

jennifer said...

Holley ... we are praying for RJ's family and for you! Your post is powerful... to God be the Glory...