Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Thomas...

Thomas Caleb Dickinson...3 days old...


at the beach...4 months old

First Auburn game...yes, he LOVED it!!!

sweet little man, almost a year old...

a true "dirt magnet" to this day...2 years old


3 years old...


my funny little man...2 weeks ago in the backyard...sharing his pool with Samford



...and my dramatic little man, not so happy about Samford being in his pool...




While most of our posts, updates, and pictures have been about our precious miracle baby Lily, today I have to share with you about our strong-willed, handsome little Thomas. He is indeed as special, unique, precious and beautiful as his little sister.


Many of you who know me know that recently I have been struggling with him and learning how to discipline, etc. at this age of 3 1/2. He has proven recently to be very stubborn, impatient, manipulating, and just exhausting. However I know this is just a phase and he truly is an amazing loving little boy by nature. He has an uncanny and unique way of hardly ever meeting a stranger and his smile has a way of stretching from his eyes to the corners of his mouth causing anyone who sees it to melt and instantly feel loved.


He truly was our earthly rock while we dealt with Lily being in the hospital. He gave me a reason to get up and come home and a reason to maintain life as usual as I could. He gave me strength in each hug he gave me when I came home and in each prayer he prayed for his little sister that he never got to meet until the day she came home from the hospital.


He loves trains!!!! Or anything that he can make into a train. He can make a very real sounding train noise and loves to do it sometimes just to irritate is sister. He loves his plasma car and flying around curves, cars, hills and the dog. He has worn out almost every pair of shoes he has riding that car. He loves watching any movie with trains and or cars. Currently he is stuck on the GeoTrax movie that came with his train set. However I am quite sick of it and have it forever memorized, ugh... He says the funniest things and loves to make up stories that can last for days! He already bargains with us and comes up with alternate plans after we give him ours. He has adjusted well so far in our new home and will be starting his new preschool in Sept., not soon enough!

Even though he tests my patience daily, sometimes hourly, and makes me question my abilities as a mother on some days, I am forever thankful for him and so blessed by his little life. He and Lily have brought more joy to our lives then we ever dreamed possible. I know that God too has big plans for him and I can't wait to see what it is!



One of my favorite videos of Thomas...showing his true colors...dancing machine

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post it made my morning. Yesterday and today so far have been two very physically painful days for me. Must have done too much! Love you, MOM

Marilyn said...

Oh this post touched my heart! You are truly blessed beyond measure and your blog has blessed me greatly! ~Marilyn

L.A. said...

Precious Hols!!! You are such a wonderful mother, Thomas and Lily are so blessed! Mabry has been really pushing me the past couple of days and it is totally exhausting...hopefully this won't continue from 2.5 to 3.5 years..ahhhh!!!! Thank you for sharing such a sweet post about your adorable little man! Love you! :-)